Student Hubs prides itself on having a growing, dynamic and passionate team of staff and students at the helm. We are committed to providing everyone who works with the organisation a positive learning experience, with plenty of space to develop personally and professionally.
We’re looking for new trustees!
Student Hubs is a young, innovative charity looking for people who share our belief that young people should graduate from university as engaged citizens. Our new trustees will be passionate about empowering young people to achieve their potential and make a difference throughout their lives, regardless of background. We have up to four positions available to join our board.
As a youth-led organisation, we particularly encourage applications from young people and candidates with no previous board experience. We also encourage applications from women, people with a declared disability and people of colour.
We’re looking for candidates with the following competencies:
- Commitment to Student Hubs’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Enthusiasm for learning about the management of a small charity
- Interest in developing a sound understanding of governance and the responsibilities of trustees and company directors
- Strong strategic and critical thinking
- A proactive nature; able to identify opportunities and spot potential risks or challenges
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties
We are particularly (but not exclusively) interested in applicants with one or more of the following experiences:
- Desirable – Recent (or current) experience of being a university student, ideally including involvement in student social action, volunteering, fundraising, campaigning or community engagement
- Desirable – Experience of fundraising from trusts and foundations or individual donors for a small charity
- Desirable – Experience of sales and business development
- Desirable – Experience of communication campaigns, supporter engagement, social media and/or PR
- Desirable – Experience at management level in a small charity
- Desirable – Experience at management level in higher education, ideally in student support, outreach, widening participation, employability or related activity
The commitment required is up to four to eight hours per month, including quarterly meetings, usually in central London.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to our Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of Wednesday 4th December 2019.
For an informal chat or to discuss what being a trustee for us involves, please get in touch with email@example.com.
For further details, please read our Trustee Recruitment Pack.
We ask all applicants to please fill in our our Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form here.
We are an ambitious and fast-growing team that is transforming the Higher Education sector in the UK through student social action. Every day at Student Hubs is unique, filled with exciting challenges, innovative thinking and laughter.
Our amazing staff team is at the core of all this and we have a values-led culture that helps them thrive. Our benefit package reflects this:
Rapid growth and development – we’ll trust you early on with responsibility and ownership over your work.
Investing in your learning – tailored training days, peer support networks, internal mentoring and regular opportunities to work on projects outside your role.
Flexible and remote working – you’re in control of when and how you work. We know our staff are happiest and do their best work when given this freedom.
Unlimited holiday allowance – so you can find a work/life balance that suits you. We strive to maintain a work culture that supports the wellbeing of our staff.
Team time – regular team days and annual staff holidays. We’re a social team who do fantastic work and have lots of fun along the way.
Equal Opportunities and Accessibility
Student Hubs does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity and believe it creates dynamic, relevant organisations, fostering spaces for innovation and creativity. We are working hard to increase diversity in our team and encourage you to be part of it.
We are happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable candidates to show their suitability for any role. If you have particular accessibility needs, including special educational needs and would like to discuss them at any stage of the application process, please get in touch with the hiring manager to let us know how we can 1911 Trustee Application Pack v2make the process more accessible.
We encourage applications from people of colour, who are currently under-represented in our staff team.
Click on the job titles to read and download the role description. To apply, send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your relevant skills and experience that make you a good fit for the role and the organisation.