Mainstreaming student social action
We support university students across the UK to engage with social and environmental issues, make an impact in their community and become active citizens for life.
- Learn about social issues, and themselves
- Connect with each other and their communities
- Do something to tackle challenges
- Collaborate to enable wider strategic goals
- Generate added value to student engagement
- Deliver upon civic and social responsibility
- Gain new perspectives, including added expertise and energy
- Benefit from added capacity for new and existing work
- Achieve community cohesion, with an improved connection to the university
in the last year
Last year we worked with 168 students at 6 institutions.
We reached 7,500 children and young people in the community via our 18 partners.
- Structured volunteering
Supporting students to be on the front line in their community
- Skilled placements
Facilitating connections between student consultants and social impact briefs
- Community Engaged Learning
Bringing social action into the curriculum connecting modules with community groups
Supporting students to develop their ideas
of alumni feel their involvement with Student Hubs helped them to develop leadership skills
of alumni feel their involvement with Student Hubs helped them to develop communication skills
of alumni feel their involvement in Hub activities helped them gain their current job