We have finished our staff-led week of fundraising for our Winter Fundraiser this year, although the fundraising action isn’t over! See below for our wrap up of the week, how much we have raised (so far), and how else you can still get involved in supporting our work this festive season.
What did we do?
We had a full week planned of celebrating, events, activities and sharing from Monday 29th November to Sunday 5th December. Across the week’s events and fundraising, we raised £592.10 from individual donations!
Across the week we had:
- The 7 Days of Orangemas: Our Bristol Hub team and our Partnerships and Development Director Fiona took on our festive fundraising challenge, seven days of activity all to raise awareness and funds for our campaign. Between them they raised an incredible £181!
- Celebration of our youth work: Our campaign this year was all about the work we do with young people in the community, and on Monday and Tuesday we were celebrating and spotlighting this work, the impact its made, and also recognising 10 years of Schools Plus delivery. You can see more about this work in our Power of Youth blog for #iwill week.
- Our Sims 4 Twitch Stream: We returned to Tiltify and Twitch following the success of our 12 Hour Stream for the Spring Fundraiser, reaching our target of £150 via Tiltify and other donation methods across the night. Staff members Liz and Laura took on donation building challenges submitted by our donors, facilitated by CEO Sim, and entertained us all for well over the two hours they originally had planned for the stream – see the picture below for it in action!
- Our Friday events: We had a mega day on Friday with several events raising money for our fundraiser, including Zumba with Salsa Y Sol, a Woolly Matters crafting workshop, and a British Sign Language session.
How can I still get involved?
Whilst we may have finished our jam packed week of events, we haven’t finished fundraising! We are pleased to say that our fundraiser will continue to be open until the end of December, and you can support in the following ways.
- There’s still time to donate! If you haven’t yet donated to the campaign, you still have a chance to by donating at our Just Giving page, or by using one of the donation methods here.
- Fundraise for us! You can also still take on the 7 Days of Orangemas fundraising challenge. You can choose a week, or spread the 7 days out across December. Simply make or login to your Just Giving account, go to our page and click the ‘Start fundraising’ button, and you can use the pre-made graphics and text to launch your campaign for us.
- Ask your business/organisation to donate. We already have one of our fantastic school partners committed to donating the proceeds of their Christmas jumper day to our campaign, and your business or organisation can donate too! See this blog here for how to get involved, and contact Fiona Walsh at email@example.com for more support.
- Nominate us for Movement for Good’s £1000 prize draw. It takes less than 2 minutes to nominate us, you can see the link and complete the form here, all you have to do is give some personal details. The nominations are open until 20th December.
- Buy our recordings of the Empowering the Next Generation sessions. Our staff Catherine and Sapthi created two fantastic sessions reflecting on how you can support students, volunteers and young people in your communities, and you can now buy these sessions from us. £20 for both sessions or £10 for one. Session 1 from Catherine is about supporting students to thrive in their opportunities by exploring how we as staff support the onboarding and offboarding process, skill development, resilience, and the experience of students engaged with our work. Session 2 is led by recent graduate Sapthi, who shares a case study of her work supporting vulnerable 7-11 year olds in Southampton as a student and staff member, and her reflections of what staff can do to support students like her to thrive in their volunteering opportunities. Email Fiona Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more support about purchasing the recordings.
What else is coming up from Student Hubs?
Our Alumni Ambassadors are putting on another fantastic festive social, with our upcoming Murder Mystery event. You can either join us on Tuesday 14th December at 7pm to solve the mystery solo or as a team, supporting Detective Orange with solving the murder of beloved Ben Niza. Or new for this year, you can buy our Murder Mystery as a pack, meaning if you can’t make it with us on 14th December, you can still have some festive fun with a group of your friends at another time! See our Eventbrite for more details, with group tickets £10.
We will also be running our Spring Fundraiser from 3rd May to 15th May, so join us as we bring the Innovate Fund back into the forefront with a fortnight full of activities!
Thank you once again for supporting, sharing and donating to our campaign. Your donation will make a huge impact to our youth work across our Hub network, and we’re excited and grateful to be in a position where we can continue to support our students and communities through our programmes and capacity.
If you want to continue making an impact to Student Hubs, we would strongly encourage you to become a regular donor. Regular donors mean we have a consistent stream of donations coming in that can support our programmes, our response as a network, and our national team to continue to grow, develop and innovate at Student Hubs. You can sign up to be a regular donor here by changing your ‘one-off’ donation to a weekly, monthly or quarterly donation to Student Hubs under the ‘donation type’ drop-down menu.
From all of us at Student Hubs, thank you, have a #HubbyHolidays and best wishes for 2022!