Our Spring Fundraiser Progress: What Has Happened So Far?
Posted on: 28 April 2021
We are a month into our six week Spring Fundraiser campaign, and we’ve seen an incredible amount of events, content and donations in that time! So far our campaign has raised a phenomenal £1175, which is £175 above our original target of £1000. Thank you to everyone who has donated to our Innovate Fund campaign so far, supporting us with the sustainability, infrastructure and investment in our network to make innovation happen across our 5 Hubs.
We wanted to provide a round up of what’s been happening, what’s next in the campaign, and how you can get involved.
Our first event of our Spring Fundraiser campaign was our Murder Mystery Social! We had over 40 attendees to the Murder Mystery through Zoom, with teams working with Detective Orange and Detective Apple to compete in discovering who killed socialite Jodie Fruitster. Teams watched video interviews from the suspects, tracked down a location and investigated clues to discover who the murderer was. Through the event we raised £165, a fantastic start to our Spring Fundraiser, and we had a lot of fun doing it with this interactive investigation!
This week we held another event, a Zumba session with Winchester based organisation Salsa Y Sol. They very generously allowed us to sell tickets for their virtual session, where all proceeds would go to our Innovate Fund. We raised £60!
Innovate Eight Challenges
In the past four weeks our local Hub teams have been taking part in our Innovate Eight Challenge! The Challenge for our staff team was to take part in 8 hours of physical activity across three days, raising money and awareness about our campaign in the process. We’ve seen lots of great photos of our staff team out exercising, with runs, walks, cycle rides, zumba and more! Why not take part in your own Innovate Eight Challenge and fundraise for Student Hubs?
Our Hubs have been spotlighting their programmes this month, sharing what they do locally to make an impact to students, their communities, and innovate.
- Go to Bristol Hub’s social media (Instagram) to see their Innovation Spotlight on the Social Innovation Programme.
- Go to Kingston Hub’s social media (Instagram) to see their Innovation Spotlight on Service Learning.
- Go to Southampton Hub’s social media (Instagram) to see their Innovation Spotlight on Invent Plus.
- Go to Cambridge Hub’s social media (Instagram) to see their Innovation Spotlight on Skilled Placements.
- Go to Winchester Hub’s social media on Thursday 29th (Instagram) to see their Innovation Spotlight on Woolly Matters and Youth Theatre.
Twitch 12 hour stream
On Saturday 24th April, our CEO Sim and her partner David ran a 12 hour stream on their Twitch channel to raise money and awareness about the Innovate Fund. Twitch is a live streaming service, where people can share in real-time them doing activities such as gaming, art, discussions, and other events.
We had a jam packed day, including a live playthrough of the game Good Job through Sim and David’s channel SofaBuddies, an art session with tips and live drawing, the play The Importance of Being Earnest, and a pub quiz. The sessions were ran by staff and student volunteers, and we smashed past our £400 initial target in the first three hours!
We raised £730 in total for the Twitch Stream, an incredible achievement and a huge well done to our CEO Sim for organising this new, innovative fundraising event for Student Hubs.
What’s coming up
There are still lots of ways you can get involved in our Spring Fundraiser.
Next week we have two webinars you can take part in:
- On Tuesday 4th May at 3-4pm we are running a free session for any university student (even if not in our Hub network) on Starting Your Student Leadership Journey. Whether you are looking for advice on leadership, inspiration for new ways of doing things, or to get a new insight into leadership at Student Hubs, this free webinar is for you!
- On Thursday 6th May at 10am-12pm, we are running a two hour interactive Innovation Workshop for staff who work with students or young people and are looking to innovate a programme. This is an exciting opportunity to connect with colleagues working in the same space, get a new perspective on innovation, and explore how you might want to change, adapt and improve projects. Tickets are £15.
We will also be recapping and looking back on all the activities we’ve done through our Spring Fundraiser as we countdown to the end of our campaign on 14th May. To support you can share our campaign, engage with our local Hubs on innovation, and donate to us via text or through Total Giving – see more information here.
Thank you once again to everyone who has taken part, shared, donated and engaged with our campaign, and we can’t wait to share our final total raised in two weeks’ time!
If you want to get involved or support the campaign as a local organisation or business, please contact Fiona Walsh, Sales Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.