Introducing our Spring Fundraiser for April and May
Posted on: 17 March 2021
At Student Hubs we’re excited to share that we’re gearing up for our next national fundraiser. With events going live already, we want to share the details of our Spring Fundraiser taking place over April and May, and how you can get involved!
The Innovate Fund
We’re launching a brand new fundraising campaign, called The Innovate Fund. This fund will be open all year round, and we will continue to fundraise for it across core campaigns in the year.
As you know, at Student Hubs, we’re innovators. We invest in our students and communities’ incredible ideas for social action projects with our money, our heart, and our mission as an organisation. But in order for these projects to get off the ground, we need core investment in our network. The Innovate Fund will support this important work and provide core support for our staffing, network, infrastructure and logistics which makes our new projects a reality, so that they can secure sustainable funding.
So how can you support with our Spring Fundraiser? See the opportunities below!
Take part in our events!
We have a variety of activities coming up across April and May, all of which you can support with.
- Signing up to our ticketed Alumni Ambassador Murder Mystery social event on Thursday 8th April – tickets now live at Eventbrite
- Fundraising in aid of us as part of our ‘Innovate Eight’ Challenge – can you help us raise £80 in 8 hours per local Hub, or fundraise through your own ‘Innovate Eight’ Challenge?
- Engaging in our 12 hour Twitch fundraising stream, hosted by our CEO Sim Dhanjal and her partner David on Saturday 24th April, 12pm-12am. You can watch the stream, share it with your networks, and take part in interactive activities during the stream. Students – check our local Hub comms for a callout for involvement in shaping and leading parts of this activity!
- Signing up to or sharing our £15 ticketed innovation webinar in May, a two hour workshop event for staff working in the volunteering or charity sector with students or young people, where we’ll take you through a journey of innovating a programme or project you’re currently working on;
- Sharing and publicising the campaign and associated events with your networks.
Our local Hubs will also be sharing Innovation Spotlights during the campaign to share their local innovation work, and we have our free student webinar on Student Leadership (open to any university student, even if you’re not part of our Hub network), which will be taking place during the campaign too.
It’s set to be a great six weeks, full of lots of new and exciting activities across our network, and we would love to see you share, engage and take part however you can!
One-off and regular donations
Your donations during our campaign will help us to achieve our ambitious £1000 target, and go far in supporting our network to make change happen in our communities.
But we would also love to encourage you, if you have the means to, to become a regular donor to The Innovate Fund. Regular donations matter as it provides an income stream which we can rely on across the year, and ensures we can keep investing in our infrastructure all year round. You can be a regular donor with £2 a month, £5 a month, £10 or £20 (also known as a caring clementine, thoughtful tangerine, mighty mandarin or outstanding orange as part of our donation tiers!). Every pound matters to us, and you join our community of donors and champions.
You can complete a one-off donation through our Innovate Fund fundraiser, or a regular donation at our brand new platform donation. You can also provide text donations during the campaign, simply text CLEMENTINE to 70085 to donate £2, TANGERINE to 70085 to donate £5, or MANDARIN to 70085 to donate £10 (all texts cost the donation amount plus one standard message rate).
Get your organisation involved!
Finally, if you think your organisation might be interested in getting involved in the work we do, please get in touch with Fiona Walsh, our Sales Director, at email@example.com.
There are several ways organisations can contribute to our campaign, get their staff involved in our Innovate Eight Challenge, and work in partnership with us across the year, and we would really appreciate an introduction to organisations who share our values and passion for innovation.
We want to thank you as our community for supporting us, advocating for us and continuing to champion what we do at Student Hubs. We would love your support during our Spring Fundraiser, whether that’s through sharing, taking part, donating, or connecting us to others who can support or engage in the campaign.
If you have any questions about the campaign or want to get involved, please get in touch with Fiona Walsh, our Sales Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we look forward to sharing our progress with you during the campaign!