Student Hubs’ National Lockdown Update
Posted on: 4 November 2020
At Student Hubs, we want to update you on the measures we are taking across our five Hubs since the news of the national lockdown was released on Saturday by the government.
Over the summer we developed alternative delivery plans in case of another national lockdown, these are now in place across all of our Hubs, with local Hubs now following and actioning them.
As a result, our local Hubs are taking the following actions to support students:
- Our Hub staff will be in touch with all students by the end of the week, alongside contacting university partners, community partners and funders, to confirm the status of programmes and next steps;
- All of our programmes currently running virtually across the network will continue to run as planned for this academic term with minimal disruption;
- Any in-person delivery of volunteering that was being planned by local Hub teams to launch in the next fortnight has been cancelled, and Hub staff will be in touch with students to confirm whether this programme will be converted to virtual or will be postponed for this term;
- Hubs are running virtual drop in sessions for students to speak to Hub staff.
Supporting students to engage with our programmes and continuing to be connected to other students, our volunteer network, and their university community is at the heart of our delivery this term. We recognise that wellbeing during this period may be challenging and our Hub teams will be checking in with students to support with this, and signposting to relevant services.
Please get in touch with our Hub teams in Bristol, Cambridge, Kingston, Southampton and Winchester if you have any concerns or issues about your volunteering this term.
Supporting our staff
We have also taken several steps to support our staff’s wellbeing during the national lockdown, which includes:
- Resuming our daily check ins for staff from Monday 9th;
- Making sure staff take annual leave periods already booked in for this month;
- Staff continuing to have access to our working from home fund to support office equipment;
- Our Management Team resuming weekly meetings to support the network and programme delivery, as well as monitor government guidance.
Commitment to wellbeing
Supporting the wellbeing of our students and staff members is paramount to our approach to this new national lockdown.
If you are a student and are concerned about your wellbeing, please get in touch with our Hub staff, or reach out to your university’s support services.
From all of us at Student Hubs, we encourage you to stay safe and keep well during this time.