March Update: Hub Awards, AGM and Projects Next Term
March has been a big month for us finishing up programmes, looking ahead to next year and celebrating all the success 2018-19 has had with our programmes. See some of our highlights from March below, and what to look forward to after Easter!
Southampton Hub Awards:
For the second year, we ran our Southampton Hub Awards sponsored by TeachFirst.
On Wednesday 13th March, we had nearly 40 volunteers from all of our programmes come together to hear the successes of the year, be nominated and win awards, and socialise after with free canapés and drinks.
TeachFirst also shared some information about their opportunities and programmes.
We loved seeing you all there, and well done for all your hard work this year!
The following Wednesday 20th, we held our AGM to elect in our new 19–20 committee and say goodbye to our outgoing committee. We were thrilled to elect 7 new members to our committee — Vice President Arvin, Comms Coordinator Charlotte C, Libraries Plus Coordinator Charlotte N, Branch Up Coordinator Tom, Empower Coordinator Jordan, Invent Plus Coordinator James and BioCycle Coordinator Jack.
We do however still have some roles still open which we will be voting on at our EGM on Wednesday 1st May, so apply online here if you’re interested in the following roles:
- President: leads the committee, holds relationships at the university, takes part in Advisory Board meetings and helps with general running of the Hub.
- Treasurer: handles the Money Hub account with SUSU, helps committee fundraise, may take on roles given by President and Vice.
- Code Plus Coordinator: runs our Code Plus programme, liaises with community partners, supports selection and training, including technical training.
- LinkAges Coordinator: runs our LinkAges programme, supports selection and training, liaises with partners to run events and DBS checking for volunteers.
- Local Action Coordinator: runs our Local Action programme, organises, promotes and attends all one-off events and meeting new partners for new ad-hoc opportunities.
Projects Next Term:
We still have programmes active next term!
Community Exploration Programme: Apply to take part in a 3 week programme in May, committing roughly 10 hours across this period to design new resources and campaigns for Southampton Hub! Get experience of team and project management, designing resources and working with a client. DEADLINE SUNDAY 28 APRIL. Apply here.
BioCycle: Take part in cycle routes to collect food waste which gets recycled at a local farm. Apply here.
19–20 Committee: We still have executive committee and sub-committee roles open, so check out the link or the roles above to see more! DEADLINE TUESDAY 30 APRIL. Apply here.